Frequently Asked Questions
For Corporate Ordering Guidelines, click here.
If your question is not answered below, please email Gifts@marriott.com or call 800-442-6132.
Plastic Gift Cards and Electronic Gift Cards (eGiftCard) are redeemed in the same manner.
Q. Where can I use my Marriott GiftCard / eGiftCard?
A. Marriott GiftCards / eGiftCards can be used at any participating Marriott hotel at these brands, including EDITION®, JW Marriott®, Autograph Collection® Hotels, Renaissance® Hotels, Marriott Hotels®, Delta Hotels and Resorts®, Marriott Vacation Club®, Gaylord Hotels®, AC Hotels by Marriott®, Courtyard®, Residence Inn®, SpringHill Suites®, Fairfield Inn & Suites®, TownePlace Suites®, Moxy Hotels®. Card may also be used at participating Ritz-Carlton properties worldwide.
The following Marriott Hotel Brands DO NOT accept Marriott or The Ritz-Carlton GiftCards: Protea Hotels by Marriott®, St. Regis®, The Luxury Collection®, W®, Westin®, Le Méridien®, Sheraton®, Tribute Portfolio™, Four Points® by Sheraton, Aloft®, Element®, Design Hotels™
Q. What can a Marriott GiftCard be used for?
A. At participating locations, GiftCards can be used for stays, dining, spa, golf and more. Please contact hotel directly about acceptance guidelines prior to your visit or stay.
Q. Do I have to be staying at the hotel to use my GiftCard?
A. No, GiftCards can be used at participating properties to pay for dining, spa, golf and more even if you are not currently a guest at the property.
Q. Does the entire value of the GiftCard have to be redeemed at once?
A. No, the GiftCard may be used multiple times until the entire value has been redeemed.
Q. Will I receive cash back if I do not spend the entire value of the GiftCard?
A. Marriott GiftCards are not redeemable for cash except when otherwise required by law.
Q. What if the total bill exceeds the value of my GiftCard?
A. If your bill exceeds the amount of your GiftCard, you are responsible for the remaining amount with another form of payment.
Q. Can I redeem more than one GiftCard in a single transaction?
A. Yes, you may use multiple GiftCards to pay for stays, services and purchases.
Q. How do I present a Marriott eGiftCard to be used at a Marriott hotel?
A. The email or purchase receipt containing the eGiftCard number will need to be presented at the time of transaction. This may be a physical printout or an image on an electronic device.
Q. Can I use a GiftCard to guarantee room reservations?
Q. Can I use a GiftCard to pre-pay for a room reservation (e.g. Advance Purchase Rates)?
Q. Where can I purchase a Marriott GiftCard?
A. Marriott GiftCards are available for purchase at gifts.marriott.com or at participating hotels.
Q. In what denominations are GiftCards available?
A. Any denomination between $25 - $2,000 USD.
Q. Can I purchase more than 1 GiftCard at a time?
A. Yes, at gifts.marriott.com you may purchase as many cards as you want up to $10,000 per day. Please note the maximum value a card may have is $2,000.
Q. In which currencies are Marriott GiftCards available for purchase?
A. Marriott GiftCards are available to purchase in USD. CAD GiftCards are available at participating Canadian Hotels only.
Q. Can my GiftCard be shipped internationally?
A. Yes, additional shipping fees apply.
Q. How long will it take to receive my GiftCard / eGiftCard?
A. eGiftCard delivery is within one to three business days of your purchase or on the future send date selected. On rare occasions, delivery could take longer if a manual review is required. GiftCard delivery time depends upon the destination and delivery service you select:
- USPS (5-7 business days) (Unavailable for card values exceeding $1,000 USD)
- Federal Express (3-5 business days)
Q. Will I receive an email confirming the order?
A. Yes, you will receive an email confirming your order. For a Marriott GiftCard order that is shipped express, you will also receive an email when your GiftCard is shipped.
Q. I placed my order 10 days ago and I still have not received the card. How can I track delivery of my order?
A. Please call Customer Service at 1-801-468-4167 for orders shipped via First Class Mail. Other methods of shipments can be tracked online.
Q. Is GiftCard packaging available?
A. Yes, you may select a complimentary GiftCard envelope or purchase deluxe packaging for an additional fee.
Q. How do I cancel my GiftCard purchase?
A. Orders placed online at gifts.marriott.com can be refunded up to 60 days from purchase as long as the GiftCard has it full value. If GiftCard has been shipped, please note the shipping cost will not be refunded. To cancel the order, please call 1-801-468-4167 or email firstname.lastname@example.org. Allow 2 to 3 business days for email cancelations. For hotel cancelations you will need to contact the hotel where the GiftCard was purchased.
Terms and Conditions
Q. Do Marriott GiftCards expire?
A. No, Marriott GiftCards never expire.
Q. Can I check the balance on my GiftCard?
A. Yes, you can check the balance online at gifts.marriott.com or by calling 1-800-442-6132.
Q. Can I replace my GiftCard if lost or stolen?
A. Yes, if previously registered on gifts.marriott.com.
Q. What if I locate the GiftCard that I have reported as lost or stolen?
A. Once the card has been reported as lost or stolen, the card is deactivated and the balance is transferred to a new, registered Marriott GiftCard. The old card has no value and can no longer be used.
Q. How do I get cash back on my GiftCard / eGiftCard?
A. MI Fulfillment Services, LLC will cash out GiftCards / eGiftCards with a balance of $10 USD or less, where required by law. Cash cannot be returned by hotels. All requests must be made in writing. Please include in your correspondence the name and address of where the cash-out check should be mailed. Cash balance return will be made via check. Cash-out processing takes approximately 6-8 weeks from receipt of request. For questions, please contact Customer Service 801-468-4167 or via email GCsupport@marriott.com.
Cash-Back requests along with the original GiftCard / eGiftCard should be sent to:
Marriott GiftCard Return Specialist
910 West Legacy Center Way, Suite 100
Midvale, UT 84047
Marriott Legacy Cards
Q. What is a Legacy Card?
A. A Prepaid Card issued as part of our former card processing system. It is a first generation 15 digit Marriott prepaid card. Legacy Cards begin with the following set of numbers:
Q. Can I redeem my Legacy Card?
A. Yes, your Legacy Card does not expire and it can be redeemed. We have mapped all Legacy Cards to a new card number within our current processing system. Hotels should call the number on the back of the card (800-442-6132), read the Legacy Card number and the new number will be recited so they may enter into their system manually.
Q. Why was I issued a Legacy Card?
A. Your Legacy Card may be been purchased prior to the transition to our upgraded platform or your Legacy Card was already in market, but not yet activated. These cards continued to be sold until the inventories were depleted. Your card is still valid and the hotel can redeem it by calling and obtaining the new card number.
Q. Why does my card have a renewal date printed on the back?
A. All Legacy Cards have a renewal date from our former card processing system. This is not an expiration date and hotel can redeem your card after the printed date.
Marriott Gift Card Corporate Sales Brand Guidelines
The Marriott Gift Card team appreciates your interest in making the Marriott Gift Card part of your campaign. We’ve put together this guide to assist you in developing creative pieces using the Marriott Gift Card name, word mark and design.
We ask that you follow the Marriott Gift Card Corporate Sales Brand Guidelines when incorporating the Marriott Gift Card name, word mark or design into your promotional materials. Failure to do so may result in the denial of future orders.
Program Approval Criteria
- Use of the Marriott name and any gift card or hotel image to prospect for new customers is not permitted. Inappropriate uses include offering the Marriott Gift Card as incentive to individuals for whom this would be your first interaction.
- The Marriott Gift Card may not be used in mass media advertising, including television spots, radio, magazine or web-based ads, or email or text-message blasts/campaigns to prospective customers.
- If resold, the Marriott Gift Card must be sold at face value, and each program must receive Marriott’s approval prior to Marriott’s participation. You may not offer Marriott Gift Cards or other promotions through online auction or daily deal websites. Marriott may work with certain entities for online promotions, but such other deals do not in any way suggest that you are authorized to make such offers.
Identity and Usage Guidelines
When marketing to current customers, and your program meets the above criteria:
- You are welcome to use the Marriott Gift Card name and card image, or the Marriott word mark. However, The Ritz-Carlton logo may NOT be used under any circumstance.
- The Marriott name or Gift Card image cannot be used on the outside of a direct mail piece (i.e. postcard, envelope).
- The Marriott Gift Card should always be referred to as a “Marriott Gift Card,” not a gift card, gift certificate or hotel card.
- When using the Marriott Gift Card as an incentive or reward, position the Gift Card as a complimentary gift or treat for your customer rather than a “free offer.”
- Your creative pieces should clearly illustrate that the offer is from your company, not Marriott, i.e. “As a customer of XYZ company, we’d like to offer you...”
- Your creative piece should not appear as a co-branded promotion. Any reference to Marriott should be secondary to your company, and the Marriott Gift Card or other identifiable Marriott design should be less prominent than your company’s identifiers.
- Do not use a registration mark when talking about the Marriott Gift Card. A registration mark is only required when talking about Marriott® hotels or services.
- The Marriott Gift Card image should not be altered, covered or distorted when presented in creative materials.
- Marriott Gift Card terms and conditions are clearly stated on the back of the Marriott Gift Card itself, and do not need to be included in your creative piece.
- This notice must be used on all creative pieces using the Marriott Gift Card name, design, brand or image:
- “The Marriott word mark and the Marriott Logo are trademarks of Marriott International, Inc. Marriott is also the owner of the Copyrights in the Marriott Logo. MI Fulfillment Services, LLC is the owner of the Marriott Gift Card designs. All rights reserved. Marriott is not a participating partner or sponsor in this offer.”
Receive a $25 Marriott Gift Card when you sign up for “Company X” services
Receive a $25 Hotel Gift Card when you sign up for “Company X” services
Right click and "Save Image As..." to download Marriott company logo(s).
For Customer Service call; 800-442-6132 or email email@example.com
Last Updated 2-9-2017